Friday, December 29, 2006

A Cinderella story

Today at the centre I saw the power of stories – young kids mesmerized by stories – -- Cinderella --- a fairy tale about dreams coming true – held so much of a meaning for the kids … the response the story elicited at every twist and turn would have ekta kapoor envious ---- even though the story was in English and the kids at best faintly understood English – they had the pulse of the story – proving how these stories not only transcend national but even language barriers --- it seemed to me that I was again a kid of age 10 since the story though very well known to me – once again captured my attention – although I was deeply amused and affected by how the kids took the story … it is so very real to them that when u see them listening to the story – u urself cannot deny the realness of the story -- it was a like revisiting my childhoods.

All the girls managed to swoon at the costume of Cinderella for the ball – illustrated by a beautiful drawing – on being later asked to draw what they wanted to be when they grow up --- a lot of them drew doctors, lawyers etc but one managed to copy the Cinderella photo and proceeded to tell the teacher how she wanted to be Cinderella --- well what can I say ---- the students are absolutely adoring -- on the whole the whole experience is one that is as warm and good as freshly baked chocolate cake --- awesome I would say – made me revisit my grammar ---- I realized I am not the best category of people to teach grammar --- half done only but don’t feel like typing …. Well………………. See ya.

No comments: