Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Current music - vande matarm
Current location – S 207.5 – balcony
Mood – retrospective

Well I was talking to an old friend of mine – we hadn’t talked in like 7 yrs –we started off fun alright –all school memories –a lot of fun – total timepass – then we veered on to more serious stuff like teenage behaviour – and then finally on to the part of India – of how our country Is doing – its funny how it took someone in the US to make me realize that –there are things I deeply care about –which I once gave a lot of thought to and was now neglecting --- I wanted to teach in slums –in Mumbai –had contacted the organization in Mumbai which would help me do it –then somehow things didn’t materialize – and my sheer laziness –took me off – now that I think of it –may be I blew of somebody’s chance to come up in life – maybe I could have inspired someone –to be someone else – but I out of sheer laziness didn’t do it in the summers – then the idea in the back of my head of teaching in the slums –in the winter instead of teaching for money –struck me and I found myself promising to do it –

Here I was –all I could think of was when I’d next be able to eat pizza – when I realized people starving to death – while I could blow off money endlessly –rest assured the money’s waiting for me in the atm – its horrible – I am a horrible person –but its not too late I am going to change all that and do something I am going to find out about disha –I am going to help it in all the ways I can – I will make sure it is mentioned in the annual mag and the fortnightly newspaper I am in –I will also talk to the required people about the idea of adopting public schools in the neighborhood- while India is starving the select few rejoice –they are too busy thinking about how they can look cool or speculating the next change in fashion – I am going to do my bit for the people around me – lets see –like I said in one of my articles there is no greater satisfaction than knowing u could have done no better –so I will do as good as I can and will actually change the way the world functions at its level ---this is no declaration –it is a promise to myself – so lets see how I go about it --

Anyway the talk was awesome fun – good humour all around – for once I found someone who is really interested to what happens to the masses –she had actually been in govt hospitals in Gujarat –for a few weeks –seeing for herself how things are on the other side of the fence – I on the other hand –have gone 19 yrs without seeing whats life actually is - I want to badly help – u know what it reminds me of the time –I did those anti quota protests – I had never felt so alive --the one day hunger strike deserves special mention since that was like the first day in my life i had fasted and i am so happy i did it for a cause and beleive me even with no food in the stomach --we had felt more alive than anybody could -- so I guess this is one other thing which I am intensely passionate about –so I guess its time to take the plunge –


May god put a smile on ur face …

Tc


Ps: see ya for now I take the plunge into my e tech assignment – and viva prep

No comments: